Soul Massage

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Begin

 There are all the “I’m gonnas” out there still waiting to get done. Denis Waitley calls them the “Someday I’ll” s. Someday I will (add you own dream/vision/idea). Then we keep waiting for someday to come. Occasionally we get a shove from the universe. Today, I can feel the gently nudging and am making preparations to move things along before I got shoved.  In a world where my greatest concerns were about the mundane things in my life, I am beginning to feel a bit of panic about moving faster than I had planned. Usually I save this intense energy for how I think I will feel when I am eighty-five and considering that I have lived a long and full life so may as well transition. Yeah, death. Swift. Intense. Immediate. Change.

In my heart of hearts, I know that I have survived numerous processes and changes over the last fifty years. The issue today seems to be that I am short of confidence. Perhaps I need a visit with someone other than the occupants in my head.

I left to visit my neighbor, who has similar priorities to mine, so that as I sit weeping she can reach for the deeper struggle and offer what might be the limiting fear. Sometimes we need reminders of how we have chosen to show up, even in the face of change. I find that my confidence is shored by a plan. Put into place some exacting, any exacting and go forth.

The ultimate plan is to leave my current job. In the recent weeks, I have changed the date from February 2012 to December 31, 2011; and now at November 1, 2011. The feeling is that my departure may be sooner than I plan. (No, wait, and out of my control.) In that case, until the day comes, I will activate my resources for the shift.
  • ·        Revamp resume. Add current information to indicate increased skills.
  • ·         Complete online applications for positions of interest.
  • ·         Collect paper applications for companies not online.
  • ·         Reconnect with those who can support work in my area.
  • ·         Consider how far I might be willing to branch as I work toward my dream.
  • ·         Make an honest financial assessment of current and future expenditures.
  • ·         Keep going back, for a long as possible, until notice is served.
  • ·         Count every day a victory. Celebrate completion of each shift. Be grateful.

A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown. - Denis Waitley

Now I have hit upon the core issue – beyond my control. So, let us launch forth joyously into the unfamiliar and the unknown.

Bright blessing along the way.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rock on! You made it! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to leave a question, as well.

Today, may you find a pleasant surprise.