Soul Massage

Sunday, February 6, 2011

At home in my body - repost from another time

The more I feel, the more I experience my body.
The more I love in my body, the more my body relaxes.
The more my body relaxes, the more peaceful I become.
The more peaceful I become, the more satisfaction I experience.
I feel content, complete, at home in my body and with Mother Earth.
 
That's the conclusion, but presented at the beginning, that way I know it's covered.
 
I've been working on clearing my space, my mind and my home.  I'm opening to the next great adventure, getting ready to dance off into the horizon.  I haven't got a clue.  I had a plan, loosely formed though it was, to get it together starting today.  Things change, often.  So, my list is still posted with only one thing completed.  No regrets.  I enjoyed a long full day with my sweetie, Desiree.  Every now and then when the restlessness would overtake her we sat out in the sunlight and watched traffic.  I like gentleness in life, in my life.  In the quiet, during her naps, I sorted and cleaned and thought about how very much I love her, love being here for her, and began to question where the rest of love has gone.  How do we come here, intermingle with one another and yet walk away allowing our connection to whither?
 
It's different this time, the reaching out.  Without attachment to the outcome, I can call or respond without expectation.  Since it is the thought that counts, best we begin to identify what we are thinking.  What is our intention?  What are we expecting from this particular action?  Have we planned a response?  Are we willing to sit with what is?
 
The more I feel, the more I experience my body.  Are we ready to feel, to be alive?  Will we allow our feelings to manifest in our being?
The more I love my body, the more my body relaxes.  Love is letting go.  Are we willing to exhale into release?
The more my body relaxes, the more peaceful I become.  We must become the peace we seek.
The more peaceful I feel, the more satisfaction I experience.  When we are open, we are receptive.  Holding on blocks good from our lives.
I feel content, complete, at home in my body and with Mother Earth.  We love ourselves, and this, by choice.  All the finagling to harness another in relationship is worthless until we find Love for ourselves, with ourselves, in ourselves. 
 
As we love ourselves, love is extended to all those around.
 
For me, it might sound cliche, but beauty for me really does start on the inside. It's like a state of mind, a state of love if you will. Then, whatever you can do on the outside is all like a bonus.
Queen Latifah
 
Be in Peace.  Be in Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rock on! You made it! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to leave a question, as well.

Today, may you find a pleasant surprise.