Soul Massage

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Being in My Happy Place

From California and Hyde, in San Francisco
It is an understatement to say I am in my happy place. I am utterly delighted. And what's more, I get to share this joy and excitement with a being who by design is open and accepting to joy, wonder, and excitement. DA, my four year old grand-daughter, goes skipping along the city streets, looking up and down. She asked about the buildings, the birds, the sky. She noticed the sparkly specks in the sidewalk. I observe in her behavior, questions, and enthusiasm, my very own feelings. 


The scene in the photo above has been my favorite. I have it as the wallpaper on my computer. While we were planning this trip, DA knew that she would stand in this very place and take her own photo. That's her, doing exactly what we planned.


Accept your natural wonder; pose for the camera.
We are collecting bird pictures. They are everywhere. We have flocks of pigeons eating crumbs on the street, sea gulls at the bay and in the city on roofs. DA get excited by their presence even as she squeals at their approach.

Some days I am amazed at the blessing to be here and share this experience with DA and my Z. We walk and ride about the city finding each step interesting and enticing. Even as we fall in bed aching and exhausted, we find that our days are filled with love and joy.


Open to the extra-ordinary moments. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rock on! You made it! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to leave a question, as well.

Today, may you find a pleasant surprise.