Soul Massage

Saturday, August 27, 2011

✿ڿڰۣ(̆̃̃ღ Lucky Maria! ღ(̆̃̃ڿڰۣ✿

Running out the door tonight I checked the mail. Not just junk, but an exclamation, “LUCKY MARIA!” My first thought was really, a new lover? No, it was some trash to borrow $5000 and head out shopping, or some other such foolishness.

Though I have never been attracted to the random announcement of my luck - fliers, spam, bulk mail, etc - I notice now how very much we are bombarded with insistence to spend, spend, spend. Walking along I realized that even if I had won $5000, I have no need to buy anything. In fact, as you know, I am working diligently (at least in my mind) to rid my world of extraneous stuff.

Now the notion of a new lover was rather tantalizing. I’ve updated my profile on one of those personals sites and while there have been a couple of responses, not nearly as many as I expected and not at all the level of interaction I am seeking. Ah, patience, you say. Thankfully, I have plenty of that. My biggest obstacle is the “newness” aspect. I’d rather not visit my old stomping grounds - broken glass and all.

I am going to pass on the concept of luck and recognize I am responsible for making a difference in my life.  If I expect different people to show up, I will have to look in different places and not settle for the same old thing. There are nearly 125,000 people around here. Surely I can find a few who might enjoy dinner and a glass of wine.

I am traveling, so the whole world is available.Somewhere out there...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome header (title). How'd you do that?

    Are you doing a nation-wide search online or localized to your area? How wide of a search?

    Have you considered selling some of your items-- online or yard sell-- instead of giving it all away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I could go for being celibate. You know, Sell a bit; give a bit away. Local or nation wide.

    As for my stuff - yard sales require more attention and effort than I have, presently. And excess stuff required attention for management. The most marketable items have been passed along to friends who were interested in trying them out. I am a gadget grrl. If she decides that they do not work for her, I will post them online.

    Regarding the header/title: I found it in a post. I do not yet have time to create snazzy boobobs so I lifted and passed along. It belonged to one of those "If you ... copy and paste..." post. One Day... Oh, I will add that to my list of things to do when I am exploring options.

    ReplyDelete

Rock on! You made it! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to leave a question, as well.

Today, may you find a pleasant surprise.