Soul Massage

Friday, July 6, 2012

Hot Time in the City.

The high today was who knows. It was scheduled to be 104, but at this writing the temps at 105. It is 7:32 PM. I spent the day working in a garage organizing, sorting, cleaning, recycling, pitching and setting things out for a garage sale. This is dated office material I am clearing, rather than personal stuff. We are recycling/shredding anything more than ten years old. There is easily 100 pounds of confidential paperwork that was unpacked and left to be tended. It was hot!

I was excited to be so productive; we made grand progress in cleaning and clearing. It's a whole new world. Only a few people stopped to visit the sale. I remained delighted for each one and at the complaint about the heat, I reminded them that this was like a sauna. A free sauna. All you have to do is sit back and sweat. We sold a few items, but the reward was a job well done.

This week I have DA (my grand-daughter) evenings. She wanted to go swimming. She cannot swim. Her Jojo (uncle) has a pool at his apartment, but he's working this evening. So, we went to the cooling station. There are a few of them around the city. Even though she lamented not stopping at the city pool, she had a great time, as you can see.

They're calling for rain in three or four days. Until then, we'll keep looking for ways to beat the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rock on! You made it! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to leave a question, as well.

Today, may you find a pleasant surprise.