Soul Massage

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Salt Pig!

I found this Celtic Light Grey Sea Salt and Salt Pig for $3 this morning. Whenever I go to the dentist, which is across town, I stop at the grocery store nearby. It is too expensive to shop there, except sales, but they have unique and upscale gifts, and great clearance. Gourmet salts can cost $6/pound on the low end, so this was a great deal. I'm not sure about storing it in the pig. The idea is that the salt sits near the stove and can be pinched during cooking.

Every week I like to get a little something for myself. Something more than yogurt or chips. Last week I bought a pair of socks. They are fab! If you haven't already, check out Sock Dreams. I got a pair of comfy soft over the knee O Basics in plum. $6 Free shipping and made in the USA. I wanted a new head band but discovered I can make head wraps from the sleeves of t-shirts. Just cut off the arms and pull overhead into a twist.



The rest of the t-shirt I cut into strips for a rag rug, but DA decided she wanted a jump rope. It was a fun weekend of braiding, twisting and tying. DA had a ball with all the fabric.

And we made new ferments. See. I've started adding a tablespoon of vinegar to the cucumbers. It adds that familiar pickled taste. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rock on! You made it! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to leave a question, as well.

Today, may you find a pleasant surprise.