- I love being with myself.
- I love my stuff, exactly where it is - all the time.
- I am freakishly controlling. I row my boat and am clear I can roll your boat better than you can.
- I have three children, two grandchildren, friends, two jobs, nine blogs, a book to edit, one to write, chores I diss, home repairs to get at, movies to watch, and the first reason.
- I am kind of particular about a few things - food, money, household items - toothpaste, toilet paper, cloth napkins. I prefer natural essences (rather than commercial), the lights off and space heat rather than central.
This is my current list of bits I can't stand. It only applies to romantic connections, rather than dating or friends. However, while I might actually date someone with these elements, it would end there.
- People who leave the car running in park.
- Soda (or alcohol) as daily fluid intake versus water.
- No clue about prices - food, gas, housing
- Unwilling to walk for 30 minutes at a stretch
- Doesn't care for being out of doors - parks, trails, farms
- Requires artificial environmental controls - heating/AC
- Wasteful or non-recycling
- Drinks minimal plain water
- Poor at electronic communication - text and email etiquette
- Early over-disclosing/TMI
- Closed minded/Tunnel vision
Relationships are hard work and deciding to spend our lives with another person takes deep commitment. Today I am clear about who I am and what I am willing to endure. There is no point in pretending I can put up with things that bother me just to indulge my passions/obsessions. Which is why I will not date someone I can't kiss.
Been there. Done that. There are plenty of reason to avoid swapping slobber. I accept them, but not in relationship.