Soul Massage

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Wedding Gift

The greatest gift is a portion of thyself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

After another night of rain, I drove back to the farm expecting to meet a morning crew prepared to continue the work of the day before. There were still numerous tasks to complete before we lost the bride to the hair artist and the guest began at arrive.

At the announcement from my friend that she was getting married and the question of my attendance, I told her, "Of course. I have to sleep with the bride before the wedding." I decided Saturday that the better gift would be the shift of my intention. She thought M would appreciate that as well. 

Then began my thinking/angst around offering a gift - that I could afford. I came up with a couple of choices, but not quite how I see myself. However, I believe in tithing time, talent and treasure. I filled my gas tank and made that trip three times to get ready and attend the celebration. 

It was a fabulous choice. I was mislead regarding the number of people who would arrive to work Sunday morning. Yet, the work got done...

Before the straw there was mud and weeds

Table clothes and center pieces - Sunday morning

Table setting complete for reception after the wedding

Getting the party started
It was a beautiful ceremony, excellent food, and great music. There were elements of simplicity and bits of extravagance. The favors are first harvest local honey and mint.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!
    I'm glad that you have a very successful wedding..

    ReplyDelete

Rock on! You made it! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing your thoughts. Feel free to leave a question, as well.

Today, may you find a pleasant surprise.